A Part-Time Associate (Sales, Cashier, & Stock) is responsible for providing excellent customer service while selling merchandise. Each associate is responsible for providing an exceptional customer experience by maintaining the brand standards and overall appearance of the store, including stock replenishment.
- Demonstrate leadership in driving sales and profitability by achieving or exceeding all established store and individual goals.
- These include: sales, hourly productivity, average dollar sale (ADS), units per transaction (UPT), conversion (if applicable), charge accounts and contests, and any other brand specific KPI’s.
- Actively participate in all contests, promotions, and sales incentive programs.
- Understand and communicate customer merchandise needs and communicate with Store Management when the store’s merchandise assortment meets and/or fails to meets these needs in your area.
- Ensure consistent control of merchandise and maintain cash wrap daily as directed.
- Have a complete working knowledge and use of selling skills and customer service standards as set forth in Company training programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers through a friendly attitude and excellent customer service.
- Answer the telephone in a friendly and professional manner.
- Service customers in the fitting rooms.
- Meet Company standards for appearance, performance, knowledge and personal grooming.
- Maintain an awareness of all sales promotions.
- Effectively handle multiple customers and projects.
- Demonstrate professionalism when dealing with co-workers/customers.
- Efficiently follow all instructions/tasks given by Management within specified deadline.
- Follow all security policies and procedures, including zone defense. Recognize and react to potential loss prevention issues.
- Watch for potential shortages through prompt servicing of customers, notifying management of: external theft (shoplifting) and internal theft.
- Ensure the securing of Company funds as outlined in Company policy.
- Follow all fitting room procedures, which include monitoring the number of garments each customer takes into and out of the fitting room and cleaning fitting room after each customer.
- Keep current on featured merchandise, fashion trends, fabric content and care of merchandise.
- Maintain a consistent awareness of the store’s merchandise mix and placement on the selling floor.
- Adhere to all Company policies as stated in the Associate Handbook as well as other materials provided by Home Office.
- Assist store management to maintain the store.
- Assist store management in handling of merchandise receipts and transfers.
- Follow visual merchandising standards, including keeping fixtures straightened and filled, colorizing displays, etc., as directed by the Store Manager/Assistant Manager.
- Assist Store Manager/Assistant Manager/MIT/Key Holder to complete markdowns in a correct and timely manner.
- Clean and organize stockroom and sales floor.
- Demonstrate professional relationships with all associates. Support company goals and display a positive attitude with all associates and customers.
- Be willing to assist others as requested and adapt to new situations and procedures.
- Identify problems/opportunities and discuss with management team using open door policy.
- Be accurate and legible when processing paperwork and assignments.
- Complete work within deadlines and ask for additional assignments.
- Perform with a minimum of supervision.
- Ensure shelves and stockroom is fully stocked, well organized, clean, faced, tagged and signed.
- Maintain merchandise standards in/around the stockroom.
- Ensure all hangers are separated and placed in correct box/boxes.
- Responsible for condensing styles and ensuring fixtures are in one place.
- Maintain a consistent awareness of the store’s stock regularly.
- Understand and communicate to Store/Assistant Manager on weekly basis about the stock availability and/or damaged.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management team.