Assistant Manager - Willowbrook Mall @ Jako Enterprises
- Demonstrate leadership in driving sales and profitability by achieving or exceeding all established store and individual goals.
- Assists Store Manager with communicating the store’s operational goals and directives to maximize store teams’ contributions towards meeting the sales plan
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and evaluating individual performance in the following areas: sales volume, hourly production, units per transaction (UPTs), charge accounts and loss prevention.
Sales Management/Customer Service/Selling Skills:
- Ensure effective execution of sales productivity programs.
- Personally demonstrate high level of customer service.
- Maximize use of all customer service tools.
Human Resources/Management Skills:
- Along with the Store Manager, communicates the store’s operational goals and directives to maximize store teams’ contributions towards meeting the sales plan.
- Demonstrate proper leadership skills to assist Store Manager in managing the store’s staff, as necessary.
- Assist Store Manager in effectively recruiting, hiring and on-boarding/training associates.
- In the absence of the Store Manger ensure the payroll budget is met without compromising our customers’ expectations.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to complete all payroll procedures.
- Demonstrate professionalism when dealing with customer and/or associate problems/complaints.
- Personally demonstrate high level of customer service.
- Exhibit sound decision-making skills and perform with a minimum of supervision.
- With direction from Store Manager, handle disciplinary situations with associates, as necessary.
- Identify problems and opportunities and discuss them with Store Manager.
- Partners with Store Manager, District Manager and/or Human Resources on associate relations’ issues, which may also include situations where termination may be warranted.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures, and set a positive example for associates. Assist Store Manager in communicating policies and procedures to associates and monitoring compliance.
- Effectively manage own time and, in absence of Store Manager, associates time ensuring a smooth workflow.
- Either directly or with Store Management complete associate work schedules in timely manner.
Merchandise Management/Visual Merchandising:
- Ability to demonstrate timely execution and compliance of floor set guides and promotions.
- Assist Store Manager in directing and maintaining merchandise presentation according to Visual Merchandising standards and current floor set.
- Recognize and communicate changes in customer base that may affect the store’s merchandise profiles.
- Recognize, understand and communicate customer merchandise needs and recognize when the store’s merchandise assortment meets, and fails to meet, these needs.
- Work with the Store Manager to ensure markdowns (if applicable) and transfers are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Assist Store Manager in training and enforcing security policies and procedures.
- Ensure the securing of Company funds as outlined in Company policy.
- Ensure consistent control of merchandise.
- Ensure bank deposits are made on a daily basis as directed.
- Ensure safety of associates by identifying dangerous situations and reporting them to the Store Manager.
- Properly process register functions and ensure they are properly followed in the store.
- Understand and properly handle worker’s compensation and public liability situations/reports, as needed.
- Assist Store Manager in ensuring store meets Company standards for cleanliness, both on the sales floor and in the stockroom.
- Accurately perform and assist Store Manager in training associates in all appropriate register and/or POS functions.
- Assist Store Manager in controlling inventory and expenses, effectively using supplies, reducing overhead and ensuring timeliness, accuracy and legibility of paperwork, etc.
- Assist Store Manager in directing staff in handling of merchandise receipts and transfers, including checking in, hanging, steaming and EAS placement.
- Ensure shipments of merchandise are processed in and out of the store quickly and accurately.
- Responsible for merchandise orders from warehouse, merchandise transfers and warehouse pullbacks.
- Report any shipment discrepancies immediately to appropriate person, including Store/District Manager.
- Effectively set up sales/promotions with proper signing in a timely manner.
- Train associates as assigned by Store Manager.
- Communicate merchandise knowledge, including features and benefits of all company programs.
- Ensure staff is properly trained using appropriate company training programs.
- Assist Store Manager in communicating changes in store policies and procedures to staff, and ensure all changes are implemented correctly.
- Assist Store Manager in ensuring customer profile information is accurately keyed into the register.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college a plus.
- Management experience as an Assistant Store Manager or Department Manager helpful.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage people.
- Accuracy in all assigned paperwork, takes initiative.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong visual merchandising abilities.
- Reliability in reporting to work regularly and on time.
- Must present a professional appearance and personal grooming.
- Ability to push, pull, stand, squat and reach up to 4 hours or longer as required.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Able to operate computerized register system.
- Must be able to meet store-banking requirements and to respond to store alarm problems, as needed.
- Able to lift as much as 50 pounds.
- Able to climb an 8-foot ladder when necessary
To complete the application process, please complete both the online application and assessment. You can apply using the Apply Here link below along with the below website link to complete an online assessment. Applicants who do not complete both the online application and the assessment will not be considered for employment.
This job is open at the following location:
KicksUSA - Willowbrook Mall- 1400 WILLOWBROOK MALL Space 2165- WAYNE, NJ, 07470